Premier timpani bowls are crafted from one piece of copper without any seams or welding. Each size of timpani bowl starts from its own disc of raw copper mined for its purity and created to Premier's exacting specification to enable the unique deep drawing spinning operation that creates their characteristic parabolic shape. The precision process ensures that the wall thickness does not vary around any diametric point. the final stage is to form the bearing edge from the same parabola of copper. The parabolic shape is very important; the curve of the parabola is such that the soundwaves are reflected through a single focal point. Parabolic bowls produce darker more natural tones making them much preferred for orchestral use than hemispheric bowls which sound too bright.
- View all Timpani More Details about Elite Series
- View all Timpani More Details about Pro-Symphonic Series
- View all Timpani More Details about Concert Series Copper
- View all Timpani More Details about Concert Series Aluminium
- View all Timpani More Details about Concert Series Fibreglass